Pendleton Community Bank, an Independent Community Bank, is dedicated to providing products and services that facilitate financial success of our customers, encouraging professional success for our team members and stimulating economic growth in our communities, thereby enhancing the value of "Your Bank."
Those who remember the hard days of the depression of the 1930's will recall that for a time, Pendleton County was served by three commercial banks; two in Franklin and one in Circleville. However, in December of 1931, all three of those banks closed by federal regulation, never to open again. Thereafter, the residents of Pendleton County were without the services of a bank and were forced to go outside the county for their banking services. These services were performed largely by banks in Harrisonburg, Blue Grass and Monterey in Virginia and Petersburg, Moorefield, and Harman in West Virginia. Finding the handling of financial affairs difficult without a local bank, some residents of the county invited the Farmers and Merchants Bank at Marlinton to move to Franklin. The shareholders of the Farmers and Merchants Bank of Marlinton voted to move the bank's location to Franklin in January of 1937. At that time, the Farmers and Merchants Bank had been in business in Marlinton for 12 years, having opened there on October 3, 1925. Pendleton Community Bank opened for business in Franklin on March 29, 1937 in the building just across Main Street from E. Bowman & Brothers. This building had been built in 1924 and had been occupied by the Farmers Bank of Pendleton. Early in 1968 the bank moved to its present location - the corner of Main and Pine Streets. The Moorefield Financial Center opened in 1999, moving into their current location in 2000. The Marlinton Financial Center opened in October 2001 and moved into their current location in May of 2005; and the Harrisonburg Financial Center opened in July, 2006. On April 17, 2009, Pendleton Community Bank purchased two branches of Citizens National Bank of Elkins, one in Petersburg, WV and the other in Marlinton, WV. The Marlinton location was consolidated with the existing Pendleton Community Bank financial center and the Petersburg office was open for business on April 20th, 2009.
Allegheny Mortgage Company, a division of Pendleton Community Bank, was formed in 2006, offering residential mortgage loans, including conventional conforming and non-conforming, fixed and adjustable rate and second mortgage products.